A Farmhouse, a Signalman’s Loo and More Scenery - New Layout Part 7 - Yorkshire Dales Model Railway

A Farmhouse, a Signalman’s Loo and More Scenery - New Layout Part 7 - Yorkshire Dales Model Railway

This week I made more progress on the new layout.

Firstly, used coffee stirrers to create a base of blanks around the signal box. I painted this with Geoscenics track grime wash. Next I added some sheds and a loo around the signal box. I also added a lineside hut here and some clutter such a coal sacks and barrels.

Next up I made a start on the farmhouse scene. To level off an area of scenery, I used Sculptamold and a piece of left over foam board. Once dry I painted this brown and added a road using Geoscenics road ash.

https://www.geoscenics.co.uk/oo-gauge?page=2

I made the house itself from Wills stone sheets as usual. The window and doors are also from the Wills range. I painted this with emulsion paints and once dry, gave the whole thing a wash of Geoscenics track dirt.

https://www.geoscenics.co.uk/siding-weathering-kit

I cut a slice out the landscape to slot the house into.

Finally, I added more trees behind and around the house before running out of seafoam! Still plenty to add on this part of the layout, so I’ll continue here in another update.

As always, thanks for watching.

model railwaymodel railroadmouldy raspberry

Post a Comment

0 Comments